In 1872, the Hall underwent extensive remodeling with the present siding, trim, portico, and window arrangements reflective of the Greek Revival style of the period. The windows, which flanked the double doors of the pavilion, have been removed, however, the original window openings flanking the pavilion remain. A three-part window, with flat arches and Greek cornice, replaces the former arched window arrangements of the second floor of the pavilion. The remodeled entrance employs a classical pediment portico supported by Tuscan piers and two Doric columns sheltering the main entrance that consists of a rectangular transom and double three-paneled doors. Paneled pilasters frame the doorway. The porticos dentilled cornice is similar to the main cornice and to that of the pediment pavilion. The moldings of the pavilion reflect the mid-nineteenth century remodeling in showing Greek-Revival profiles. The windows have plain trim; those on the first floor have a Greek cornice, those on the second have a wooden Gothic dripstone motif. Closed louvered shutters hide the sash throughout the building. The octagonal cupola retains eighteenth century details in the modillion cornice and in the louvered arched openings topped keystones. The weathervane atop the cupola incorporates the Mason’s insignia.
Prior to the facelift, the building was Georgian in style, though the only documentation of what the hall may have looked like lies in insurance drawings from the early 1800s. The image below is one of the drawings. These drawings do not provide the most accurate representation of the building and leave out key details, such as the basement, the front steps, and the slope of the property.
The Historic American Buildings Survey was created as part of the new deal in an effort to employ out-of-work architects. These architects produced highly detailed drawings of buildings throughout the country. Masons’ Hall was documented in 1934. A HABS photograph can be seen below:
Here are north and west elevations:
A detail of the copula: